US Expat Tax Return


As an American citizen or resident alien you are taxed on world-wide income, regardless of how or where that income is received. The need to file is based on Citizenship, Age, Filing Status and Income. There are deductions, exclusions and credits available which could be used to lower your taxable income, including any income taxes paid to another country. Ask an adviser for additional information or assistance.

Depending on your situation, additional Federal forms may be required.

State Filing Requirements

States all determine residency differently so be certain to consult your tax advisor. If you are a resident of any State, have an income source from within a state even though you are not a resident there or have work trips to certain states, you may have a filing requirement.

Other Forms

As an expat filing a US Tax return you need to be aware of:

  • The Foreign Earned Income Exclusion,.
  • Taxes paid to another country.
  • Investments made in a foreign country.
  • Non-US financial accounts exceeding certain limits.

FinCEN Form 114 may need to be filed reporting foreign bank, investment, pension and other financial accounts

Contact Us